Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pink Sunset

Ah, Tuesday's over which means it's almost hump day, thanks fuck.

Today I was totally digging the trance/prog house tracks but there's a couple in there that shake up the mix a bit.


Avicii, a swedish DJ who's name I've seen around a bit but only today did a bit of a search and heard a bunch of pumping tracks. Here's two that really caught my attention. A mate said that the track Penguin was quite generic, but it still made my palms sweaty.

Armin van Buuren feat. Laura V – Drowning (Avicii Remix) by wujawie88

Avicii - Penguin by Nextbusstopontheleft

and of course, I'm sure we all know this track...

Avicii - Seek Bromance (Axwell's Vocal Bootleg) by DCJW




I don't know much about Felix Leiter but this track caught me today when I was reading a blog with a ridiculous amount of awesome prog house on it, Earmilk, and I was hooked. I do plan on doing a bit of research and searching around for other tracks, but time just didn't allow it today. Stupid work.

Felix Leiter - Sky High (Instrumental) by DjFelixLeiter



Next up is Bad Boy Bill. This guy has been around for years and even co-founded Beatport, but I haven't considered much of his stuff until this track, which has even then been remixed by Jquintel. Nevertheles, wicked vocals and I can't wait until it's remixed into a more trancey track.

Bad Boy Bill ft. Alyssa Palmer - If I Tell You (Jquintel Remix) by SexyElectroHouse.com




Ok time to slow things down a bit. XXXy is a down tempo Electro group from California who describe their music as 'distorted synths and meloncholic melodies sprinkled with mellow and catchy vocals'. I spent a fair amount of my day listening to these guys and they rock my socks. They also do a wicked remix of Radiohead's Videotape. Bon Appetite.

Radiohead - Videotape (xxxy Straight To Video Remix) by Dewse

How To Dress Well - ready for the world (xxxy re-edit) by xxxy

You Always Start It (master) by xxxy

Bon Chat, Bon Rat - Le Rayon Vert (xxxy Remix) by future classic


Joan As Police Woman aka Joan Wasser has a new album out. From what I've heard of it, it's indie, it's powerful and it rocks. Little bit of trivia that I found out today - Joan was dating Jeff Buckley when he died.

Joan As Police Woman - The Magic



Shlohmo hails from LA and has some serious skills when it comes to piecing together samples, chopping it all up and starting again. He's been compared to Burial and Flying Lotus and doing a fine job indeed. Mmmm bliss.

Shlohmo - Places by Nialler9



No comments:

Post a Comment